Safe Concentration and Attention Test (SCAAT)
|Training||Test User Occupational Ability (TUO-A) formerly known as Level A|
|Assessor Time||Approx. 45 minutes (Timed)|
One of the world's leading safety tests for assessing concentration.
Many organisations rely on their safety-critical personnel to be vigilant for safety hazards, warning signs, signals and changing events that could impact upon their own safety, the safety of other personnel or the safety of customers. Pioneering research undertaken by Psychologists at the OPC has linked an individual's ability to concentrate with their safety performance at work. The SCAAT is designed to help you assess this key characteristic in new or existing employees. It is designed to help recruit for jobs where extended concentration and monitoring is required.
The SCAAT assesses an individual's capacity to maintain concentration on routine tasks. It is ideally suited to assess for roles where sustained concentration and attention are key job requirements. It looks specifically at an individual's:
- ability to concentrate on a monotonous task;
- ability to concentrate on two things at once; and,
- ability to switch focus of attention accurately and quickly (attentional switching).
Where the SCAAT assesses an individual's concentration over extended periods of time, we also have the mini Safe Concentration and Attention Test (miniSCAAT) that assesses this, but over a shorter period of time. The miniSCAAT has been specifically designed as a pre-sift tool prior to a candidate sitting the full SCAAT.
- 13 validation studies available.
- 24 norm groups available including general population.
- We offer free bespoke norm groups to users of OPC Assessment tests.
- Paper materials include:
- administration instructions,
- combined question and answer booklet,
- profile form,
- scoring keys and
- practice leaflet.
- Also available on our Extranet online test and exercise system.