Undertaking a front-line role can be very different to moving up into a supervisory position, managing others. However, some employees will have the potential to progress into a leadership role. So, identifying the key managerial competencies that will help them excel in the job is very important when selecting the best candidate.
OPC Assessment’s newest test, the Leadership Potential Indicator (LPI) could help you identify future leaders for your organisation. We believe there are 5 key managerial competencies that can help you assess for leadership potential in a new recruit:
- Being interpersonally skilled when interacting with others;
- Thinking skills such as effective decision making, problem solving and planning to deliver in the role;
- Strong customer focus that delivers a professional service; with both internal and external customers;
- Driving performance in themselves and others; and,
- Leading others to deliver results.
These may all be key attributes you are looking for in a high performing junior supervisor that the Leadership Potential Indicator (LPI) can help you to identify.
The LPI is an online, Situational Judgement Test (SJT) which explores how effectively a candidate is likely to deal with a work scenario similar to what they might experience in the role. The LPI can help provide an indication of a candidate's supervisory judgement and their view of the best course of action. It is a short, un-timed test, that is suitable for use in any industry.
Find out more….contact us.