Safe Personality Questionnaire (SAFEPQ)
|Training||Test User Occupational Personality (TUO-P) formerly known as Level B|
|Assessor Time||Approx. 45 minutes (Un-timed)|
The SAFEPQ profiles the specific personality traits, attitudes and behavioural styles that have been empirically linked to safe working behaviour.
The questionnaire consists of 4 scales relating directly to 4 key safety competencies and it has 13 sub-scales. It is ideal for use with any role where safe working is essential, for example where an individual's action can impact on his/her own safety, colleagues' safety or the safety of the public. The SAFEPQ consists of 115 questions.
Expert Online Reports
We have recently developed new reports that can be generated online based on the SAFEPQ profile of a candidate. These reports can help you decide if your applicants have the right personality to work in a safety critical role and help you determine if they will be a safe pair of hands? The reports are:
- SAFEPQ Suitability for Safety Work: This report provides you with a measure of how well suited your candidate is to training and working in a safety critical role in the rail industry.
- SAFEPQ Safety Match for Train Driver: This report provides you with a measure of how likely your candidate is to be safe as a train driver.
- SAFEPQ Interview Question Prompt Form: The system takes each applicant's SAFEPQ personality profile and generates bespoke questions for that applicant based on their SAFEPQ profile. You can then use these questions at interview. This report allows you to check out the SAFEPQ findings, and to see if it stands up to scrutiny through some probing interview questions. You can then grade the applicant's safe personality based on the interview results and their SAFEPQ profile.
These reports were developed based on over 15 years of research undertaken by the Occupational Psychology Centre (OPC) exploring the link between scores on the SAFEPQ and subsequent training, job and safety performance.
Here is an example of the type of statements you might find in the SAFEPQ:
- 7 validation studies available.
- 21 norm groups available.
- We offer free bespoke norm groups to users of OPC Assessment tests.
- Paper materials include:
- administration instructions,
- question booklet,
- answer booklet,
- scoring key and
- practice leaflet.