Rules Acquisition Aptitude Test (RAAT)
|Training||Test User Occupational Ability (TUO-A) formerly known as Level A|
|Assessor Time||Approx. 45 minutes (Timed)|
The RAAT assesses the ability to understand and reason with basic written rules, regulations and procedures similar to those used within transport and safety industries.
It provides assessors with an insight into the individual's capacity to learn the necessary rules and procedures during training and to follow those rules on the job. The test consists of 34 multiple-choice questions based on passages of text.
Here is a fictitious example of the type of passage and questions you might find in the RAAT:
Example: Personal Protective Equipment
When working on the line track workers must wear correct PPE. This includes white hard hats, yellow high visibility vests, steel cap toe shoes, torch light and have their identity cards visible. Lookouts should in addition wear orange high visibility vests instead of a yellow one and have with them two green blow whistles. Blow whistles should be checked before commencing work on the line.
1. What colour high visibility vests should track workers wear?
2. What else should Lookouts have when working on the line compared to the other workers?
- Hard hats
- Steel cap shoes
- High visibility vests
- 34 multiple-choice questions
- 4 validation studies available
- 44 norm groups available
- OPC Assessment offers free bespoke norm groups (norms) to users of OPC Assessment tests.
- Paper materials include:
- administration instructions
- question booklet,
- answer booklet,
- scoring key and
- practice leaflet.
- Also available via our online platform, Candela