Interviewing remains one of the most popular methods for recruiting employees into new jobs. Whilst it remains very popular, the biggest question we should ask is, how effective is the interview in identifying the best employee for the job?
Get the interview right and it will help you to select the right person, get it wrong and you could end up with square pegs in round holes. Indeed research has consistently shown that structured interviews are more effective than unstructured interviews.
The OPC's two day structured interviewing course introduces delegates to structured interviewing and how to undertake a highly effective interview using probing and evidence based questions. It's suitable for:
- individuals who are inexperienced in interviewing
- line managers who undertake occasional interviews
- experienced interviewers unfamiliar with structured interviewing
Run over 2 days the course covers:
- what is a structured interview?
- why structured interviews are more effective than unstructured interviews
- knowing the job - being clear about what you are looking for
- introducing the interview, rapport building, questioning technique, note taking
- closing the interview
- making a decision
- fairness in interviews - avoiding common biases and prejudices
If you would like to know more or to book an in-house course, then contact the OPC today.