Safe Concentration and Attention Test (SCAAT)
One of the world's leading safety tests for assessing concentration.
Many organisations rely on their safety-critical personnel to be vigilant for safety hazards, warning signs, signals and changing events that could impact upon their own safety, the safety of other personnel or the safety of customers. Pioneering research undertaken by Psychologists at the OPC has linked an individual's ability to concentrate with their safety performance at work. The SCAAT is designed to help you assess this key characteristic in new or existing employees. It is designed to help recruit for jobs where extended concentration and monitoring is required.
The SCAAT assesses an individual's capacity to maintain concentration on routine tasks. It is ideally suited to assess for roles where sustained concentration and attention are key job requirements. It looks specifically at an individual's:
- ability to concentrate on a monotonous task;
- ability to concentrate on two things at once; and,
- ability to switch focus of attention accurately and quickly (attentional switching).
- 13 validation studies available.
- 19 norm groups available including general population.
- Paper materials include administration instructions, combined question and answer booklet, profile form, scoring keys and practice leaflet.
- Also available on our Extranet online test and exercise system.
- OPC Assessment offers free bespoke norm groups (norms) to users of OPC Assessment tests.